Serenity Sunday

Coffee? Tea? Lemonade?

DSC00106

This  is a little something I inherited from my mom. It’s just a cheap plastic lawn set but she cherished it. It sat on her porch… then in her back porch off the kitchen. My granddaughter Kira and her cousin Alayna and mom would eat their lunches in there and called it the tea or garden room. Originally they were black. I painted them this green. hey were stolen a year ago and one of the local cops saw them in the evidence room and knew they were mine and returned them to me.  I am thinking of painting again this year.

Funny how a $10.00 table set can be so important.

What color do you suggest I am leaning Yellow or Orange though any suggestions will be nice.

6 Comments

My Family's Heart - Tonya · 06/05/2016 at 2:53 pm

Wow for plastic that is a nice set and I see why it is important it holds memories. Loved the story. Personally I love the color that the set is now sort of has that antique look to it. Thanks for sharing your story.

Cathy Brockman · 06/06/2016 at 10:46 am

Thank you now you made the choice harder LOL

Flossie Benton Rogers · 06/05/2016 at 7:03 pm

Pretty set. Either bright yellow or melon orange.

Cathy Brockman · 06/06/2016 at 10:45 am

I was thinking a lemon or sunshine yellow or bright orange but now Melon sounds real pretty. but I kinda like the green its hard to decide lol

Ellie Mack · 06/06/2016 at 11:38 am

Orange or salmon. Menard’s had a couple really cool colors – one was called canteloup, one was orange sherbert, and one was more of a salmon orange – then cover with a polyurethane! That would look awesome. OF course, I’m partial to the blue myself.

Cathy Brockman · 06/06/2016 at 12:05 pm

You know I don’t like blue though an ocean blue would be pretty too. You and Flossie have me leaning to a soft orange like Cantelope or sherbet I usually use a good Krylon for plastic then let it weather out. this has been on there for a good three years.